Wednesday 20 January 2010

Righty, lets get up to date.

With a significantly lighter bank account i can happily state that that my new computer is built and its INCREDIBLY powerful. So (even though its early days) rendering shouldn't be a problem.

On gnomes i've spent most of my time recently on modeling Macho, I was going to be modeling Hero as well but Yaniv has taken it off of my hands now so i can really focus on Macho.
There's been loads of tweaking done on him and i think he's nearing completion. I need to redo his collar using the extrude tool, sort out the edging around his face and do more to his belt and then i think that'll be it. Going to focus on my disertation tonight and then do more on Macho tommorow evening, get it checked by Sarah on fri and then hopefully start UVing him over the weekend.

Machos been modeled differently to how i would usually model a character, In the past i have had the main mesh made out of several different pieces but for this i was told to model all of the main body out of one shape. Its takes longer than it would usually to do it but the end result is much better.

A bit of a short post but i really have only spent my time on this model so i havnt got anything else to show.

2 comments:

  1. were gonna have to work on a stretchy IK for his leg when he burts on in to the scene...its in me rig book but its gonna be a lot of MEL script....we'll see how easy dave finds it first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i have an article on how to do one from 3d world. Will dig it out and have a look.

    ReplyDelete