Monday 8 February 2010

2 comps in as many weeks

Right basically my laptop has caught alzheimers and corrupted, i havnt lost anything on the project because ive got all my gnomes work backed up in about 3 places but i still lost loads of my personal stuff and its hindered me quite badly this weekend. So im not best pleased atm. Ive still got my PC (which is what i work on at home anyway) but it means that i can't work on maya in the animation room cuz for some reason maya doesnt work on my uni profile in the animation room (sounds weird but trust me it doesnt).

EDIT: Have JUST got maya working on my dads laptop which is exactly the same as my old one so i'll be using that for the time being in uni.

Spent the last couple of days UV mapping - something which up until now i have been able to avoid to the best of my ability. Im not gonna lie its been pretty tuff going, and a number of times i've had to get up and walk away from it out of frustration, but we're making progress.

Ive still got loads to do on it and its full of errors but we're getting somewhere even if it is at a snails pace.

Noticed a couple of horrible glaring errors with the textures me and Sarah created from scratch involving the canvas underlay - it makes the texture look like a patchwork quilt.

Sarahs texture:

Matts Texture- He looks knitted.
This is something that is going to need adressing but im probably gonna leave all further texture tests till after ive completly got him UV'd - i just want to get it done and out the way.

Also did some really quick rock texture tests (think 30 mins) but am horrified with the results because they're terrible.

SHIELD YOUR EYES!!!

Yeh so gonna get on with the UV mapping and get it out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment